Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What I Made: June 8, 2012

I was a cooking fool on Friday.  

I'd like to stress the "fool" part.

I slightly overdid it and then was out of commission for the weekend.  The good news is that I was back to cooking on Monday and I have a lot of delicious pictures for your consideration.

For breakfast, I went with Pistachio-Chai Muffins from Cooking Light.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Pistachio-Chai Muffins

I have to admit, I'm more of a sweet breakfast muffin kind of gal, but my opinion isn't the only one that counts.  My husband took well over half a batch to work.  He returned with empty containers and said they got a big thumbs up.


I decided to go healthy for lunch and made Quinoa Stuffed Avocados from Recipe.com.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Quinoa Stuffed Avocados

This was so ridiculously delicious, I'm at a loss for words.  Of course, I overdid it and ended up eating an entire avocado.  Thank goodness this dish is full of healthy fats.  

I still wouldn't recommend it though.

I've had this Baked Clam Dip with Crusty French Bread Dippers recipe from Pillsbury for a couple of months now.  Been waiting for a group of people to help us eat it.  Since I'm anti-social, I gave up and decided to make it for the two of us.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Baked Clam Dip with Crusty French Bread Dippers

It did not disappoint.  See, if you were my friend, you'd be eating this with me right now.

Dinner was fantastic too...

© You Want Me to Cook?
Chili-Braised Fish with Tomatoes and Potatoes

It is Chili-Braised Fish with Tomatoes and Potatoes from Real Simple.  It wasn't as spicy as I was anticipating.  I was both relieved, yet wanting a little more.

Finally, I made some Double Chocolate Cupcakes from a Taste of Home cookbook that I was planning on decorating over the weekend.  I couldn't help but eat a couple.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Double Chocolate Cupcakes

You honestly don't need frosting.  In fact, I prefer them without.

The cooking is back on schedule for the week.  So far, I've made everything I said I would, so stay tuned for more yummy dishes.

Until then... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment