Thursday, June 7, 2012

What I Made: June 5

So 2 days in and I already fall behind.  Figures.

It doesn't mean I haven't eaten in two days.  Nope, I've been busily cooking, taking pictures, coating my pug in Fondant...  you know, the basics.  What?  You've never spilled melted marshmallow on your dog before?

For the record, I'd highly advise against it.

So this day, I made myself a little lunch.  I made Bacon Fried Rice from a recipe I got from Cooking.com.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Bacon Fried Rice

If you don't read my blog regularly, let me let you in on a not-a-secret: I LOVE BACON!  I overcooked it a wee-bit this time, but it still was delicious.


I plan out our meals a couple weeks in advance, and I spazzed out and planned two enchilada meals in the same week.  This night's enchiladas were of the Beef and Black Bean variety.  A lightened-up version from Cooking Light's May issue.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Beef and Black Bean Enchiladas
I forgot to put the Mexican Crema and green onions on top before I photographed it.  Actually, I forgot to serve it that way as well.  No matter, it tasted delicious and leftovers can be eaten the "correct" way.

On Wednesday, things kicked into cooking-high-gear.  I'll post about those meals shortly.  Until then... happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. That bacon fried rice seems interesting to make. Now you gived me the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing when I read the recipe! The egg is my favorite part of fried rice (I usually go for shrimp) so when I saw the addition of bacon as the protein... it made total sense to me!

      Delete