Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What I made: June 4, 2012

Monday's are Vegan days and all my recipes came from Vegan Diner, by Julie Hasson!

Since I was making a sandwich, I decided to tackle making my own hamburger buns.  Why?  Because any vegan bread I've ever bought was dry and icky.  The bread I've made (and I've only made non-yeast breads) has been delicious, so I gave it a try.

It wasn't as hard as I thought and the results... well look for yourself:

© You Want Me to Cook?
Old Fashioned Hamburger Buns

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy hamburger buns again.  They were easy to make and incredibly soft and delicious.

Then I made a "Sloppy Joes" dish with Crispy Chickpea Onion Rings.

© You Want Me to Cook?
"Sloppy Joes" on Old Fashioned Hamburger Buns with Crispy Chickpea Onion Rings

My husband doesn't eat traditional Sloppy Joes that are made with hamburger.  He ate two helpings and he was practically eating the onion rings as I was pulling them out of the fryer.

No meal is complete without a dessert.  Brownies are tricky even when using dairy products, so I'll admit I was skeptical.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Ooey Gooey Brownies

They tasted even more delicious than they look.  When I said I was going to make up a plate for my husband to take to work... he sneered at me.

So I'd say all-in-all this meal was a complete success!

Today, I'm back to eating meat.  For lunch, I'm making a Bacon Fried Rice.  For dinner, it's Mexican night with Beef and Bean Enchiladas, Mexican Red Rice and Spicy Black Beans.  Finally, I'll be trying my hand at making my own fondant.

Stay tuned and as always... Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment