Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I Made: June 11, 2012

After recuperating over the weekend, I got right back on track with my Meatless Monday.  Not just Meatless, but Vegan too.  I'm still making my way through Vegan Diner by Julie Hasson.

I do have a complaint about the book... not enough pictures.  I know that sounds silly, but when you're making your own protein/meat, it would be really helpful to know what the end result is supposed to look like.

Good recipes though.  Anyway...

I've already tried my hand at making meatless-meat and it tasted really good.  Today, I was going to make some homemade Rough Rider Barbecue Sauce and make Barbecue Ribz.

How did they turn out?

© You Want Me to Cook?
Barbecue Ribz with Rough Rider Barbecue Sauce

They look good, right?  

The sauce was terrific.  Just as I said about the rolls I made last week, I don't think I have a need to make barbecue sauce ever again.  In fact, I can't wait to try it on my famous Barbecue Beef Cups.  YUM!!!

For dessert, I went with Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding.  I've never made non-vegan rice pudding, so I was really excited to give this a try...

© You Want Me to Cook?
Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding

...and it was DELICIOUS.  In fact, my sneaky husband got up in the morning and finished off the rest.

Dirty pool, mister.  Dirty pool.

On Tuesday, I made a delicious banana bread, a pork tenderloin with an interesting twist, a pseudo-trifle (which I've never made before) and an alcoholic beverage.

Until I manage to get those pictures and post up... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment