Sunday, June 17, 2012

What I Made: June 15, 2012

Friday was one of those days that as I was running errands, I wanted to stop at every fast food place I could find.  I'm trying to recollect every place I squealed at when I passed, but here's a tentative list:
  • Columbia Gyros
  • Potbelly's
  • Starbucks (which I did stop at and get a iced latte)
  • Cold Stone Creamery
  • Culvers
  • Five Guys
  • La Caretta (Mexican deliciousness)
  • Subway
  • Potbelly's
  • Arby's
  • The Bread Basket (some of the best homemade bread in the area)
Somehow, I managed to get home without over-indulging in anything other than a soy latte (with whip), but then my lunch seemed lacking.  I had planned a salad from the April 2012 issue of Food Network.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Warm Butter Lettuce Salad with Hazelnuts

My Warm Butter Lettuce Salad with Hazelnuts did not disappoint.  The wine reduction and butter dressing changed my mind about putting a hot dressing on my crisp butter lettuce leaves.  It tasted so good, it got me excited about making dinner.  I started with an appetizer from the Pillsbury Bake-Off Winner's issue from April 2012.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Marmalade-Glazed Asian Meatball Cups

These Marmalade-Glazed Asian Meatball Cups were definitely more than a bite, yet I was eating them like they were bite-sized poppers.  They were sweet yet spicy meatball wrapped in a crescent round.

Two days later and I'm not sure if there are more than a couple left.  

I did manage to save room for dinner out of the April 2012 issue of Healthy Cooking.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Soy Shrimp with Rice Noodles

Don't try to search their website for Soy Shrimp with Rice Noodles.  It is actually a variation on their Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss.  I've tried all three of these recipes and this is the one I liked the least, yet it was still a decent meal.

Finally it was time for dessert which came to me via e-mail from MyRecipes on May 5, 2012.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Browned Butter Bananas with Toasted Pecans

My version of Browned Butter Bananas with Toasted Pecans had a welcome addition of frozen Greek Yogurt and an accidental, unwelcome addition of garlic.  

Long story.

Apparently it only affected on piece and it happened to be the piece that I got.  My husband said he thought it was delicious.  Honestly, I'm almost afraid to try it again because it did NOT taste good at all.

It does look good though, doesn't it?

I've been cooking and baking all weekend so watch for my next post.  Until then... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment