Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I Made: June 12, 2012

I'm getting ready to make tonight's dinner and I can't stop thinking about what I made for dinner yesterday.  I'm worried I'm going to be disappointed.  Of course, I'm getting ahead of myself here... we're talking about yesterday's meals, not about my fears for tonight's dinner.

Did that make any sense?  Yeah, it didn't on this end either.  I honestly don't know what day I'm supposed to be writing about.  I think I'm getting punchy.

Okay, let's talk about June 12th's yummies, starting with breakfast...

© You Want Me to Cook?
Chai Banana Bread

This is a Chai Banana Bread I got from Cooking Light's May 2012 issue.  It was moist, very "banana-y" and unlike the muffins I made the other day, had a great hint of chai.  I have half a loaf in the fridge and I'm really thinking about munching on a piece while I write this.

Side note: I got interrupted while writing this and when I came back, my last sentence read "...while I eat this."  I guess I really DO have that bread on my brain.


That same issue of Cooking Light also gave me the night's dinner - Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa

I served that with a side of Spiced Peas with Cilantro and Lime from Real Simple's May 2012 issue.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Spiced Peas with Cilantro & Lime

Both were fantastic and my husband really wanted to know more about the peas.  At first I was wondering what was wrong with them, since he's not the biggest fan of "green stuff".  Nope, he enjoyed them so much that he wanted to know what was in them.

Real Simple, you have scored bonus points with me.

Dessert was from the geniuses at Betty Crocker and was sent via e-mail on May 10th - Banana Cream Pie-in-a-Bowl.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Banana Cream Pie-in-a-Bowl

What I loved about this dish was that you make your own cookie crumble and it has peanuts.  Added something really different to the usual Banana Pudding.

We finished off the night with a drink from the archives.  This Watermelon Killer Chiller is from Every Day with Rachael Ray's June/July 2011 issue.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Watermelon Killer Chiller

I had to scale down the drink since there's only two of us, and I think it needs to be made as an entire bowl of punch.  It wasn't bad, it just tasted like pureed watermelon.

And I still don't understand the name.

Oh well, I've postponed making dinner tonight long enough.  I'll report back to how things go tomorrow, but until then... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment