Thursday, June 7, 2012

What I made: June 6, 2012

Today I was like a crazy cooking ninja.  And there was some alcohol involved.  

That may explain why my notes are a little difficult to read today.  Oh well, let's get to the food.

I had a crazy morning and afternoon so my breakfast and lunch dishes had to be rescheduled.  It was time to start dinner, but I was parched so I made myself a Pink Lemonade found in All You's July issue.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Pink Lemonade


I had my doubts, but this was really refreshing.  Perfect for me to sip on while making dinner...

© You Want Me to Cook?
Penne with Pancetta, Sage and Mushrooms

This delicious looking Penne with Pancetta, Sage and Mushrooms was found in April's issue of Bon Appetit.  I served it with an Italian Pane Bread from the bakery and a salad.  Make no mistake - there's nothing healthy about this dish, which is probably why it tasted so fantastic.

Hmmm... I'm noticing a theme here.  Pancetta is very similar to bacon.  I better quick scan the rest of the week's dishes to make sure I'm not ODing on delicious crispiness.

I had to start frosting my Maple Carrot Cupcakes I made in the afternoon.  The recipe came from one of my brand new cookbooks that I purchased from Taste of Home and I was going to decorate them for my second chapter in my Wilton Portfolio.  

© You Want Me to Cook?
Maple Carrot Cupcakes

I was going to use my flowers I made earlier in the week and put on the finishing touches, but not before making myself a little martini.

© You Want Me to Cook?
Butterscotch Martini

Butterscotch Martini to be exact.  I had to reach into my archives for this recipe.  It was in the December 2011/January 2012 issue of Taste of Home.  A little more chocolate-y than butterscotch-y, but very good.

I'll be writing my Wilton Portfolio post soon, but here's a preview of the cupcakes I finished...

© You Want Me to Cook?

© You Want Me to Cook?

© You Want Me to Cook?

© You Want Me to Cook?

© You Want Me to Cook?

Until next time... happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment