Friday, March 18, 2011

Tasty Treats: Blommer Chocolate Store – Dark Chocolate Toffee Almonds

© You Want Me to Cook
If you’ve ever been in the Loop or walking around the River North area and suddenly smelled the sweet, sweet deliciousness of chocolate, you probably smell Blommer Chocolate.  I first stumbled upon them when I lived downtown.  I lived in The Loop very close to Dailey Plaza (That’s where they got that Picasso), and one day, I literally followed the smell to the candy factory.

I’m a very lucky woman.  My husband works downtown, and as a fitness guy, opts to walk on his lunch hour.  One day he came home and said, “hey, have you ever heard of Blommer?”  I immediately shrieked and said, “BUY ME SOMETHING!”  Now, on occasion, he’ll bring me home a surprise.  This was one of those days.

I cut one in half so you can get a sense of what is in them.  That is a giant almond, surrounded by a thick layer of toffee and then smothered in dark chocolate.  It’s a little bit of heaven in every bite.  Go to their Facebook page and “Like” them to get posts about their specials of the week.  The little delight you see above is a buy one bag – get one  bag free.

So if you’re looking for a sweet treat, visit them and pick up some of their chocolate.  The owners still run the front of the store and, from what my husband said, get really excited when you mention their Facebook deals.

Blommer Chocolate
600 West Kinzie Street
Chicago, IL 60654
(800) 621-1606
(312) 492-1336

Mon - Fri: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am-1:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment