Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eating Out - Wave

I decided that it was time to also post about some of the amazing food I have while I am out and about.  At first I wasn’t going to do this at all on this blog, and then I had this lunch.  My meal was so delicious; I had to take a picture.  Thus this new feature will pop up every once in a while.

©You Want Me to Cook?
What was eaten:  Smoked Turkey Club

First, I have to say that The W Hotel is gorgeous.  The people are really nice there and even if you sit in their lobby, someone will come and ask you if you’d like something to drink or if you need anything.  I’ve had the pleasure of staying in one of their rooms too.  Absolutely beautiful.

I’m not afraid to go out by myself – restaurants, travel, movies, spa, theater, etc…  I was single into my 30s and if I would have stayed in every night waiting for someone to take me out, I would have never done anything!  I had an appointment at Bliss Spa in the hotel (another INCREDIBLE experience) and had a lot of time to kill, so I decided to get something to eat.


Even though I was a little disappointed that the restaurant was closed, I was more than happy to sit down at the bar in their large comfortable chairs.  The bartender was incredibly nice and made sure I had everything I needed – nice silverware, salt & pepper, cloth napkins – stuff that you usually don’t get when eating at the bar.  I looked over the menu and decided on a Smoked Turkey Club.  I was given the option of fries or a salad, and I went with the salad (even though I desperately wanted fries – losing weight isn’t easy).

I was delighted when he brought out my food.  It was a substantial sandwich with a nice size salad.  The sandwich was on sourdough bread with thick pieces of turkey, smoked bacon, roasted tomatoes, arugula and a lemon-garlic aioli.  The salad was a spring blend with a light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  It. Was. Delicious.  On top of that, the bartender kept my drink filled and when I was done, he brought out a spicy snack mix that I munched on until I was ready for my appointment.

A fantastic experience all around.  I plan on going back when I’m downtown with time to kill or heading back to the spa.

Wave
W Chicago – Lakeshore
644 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 255.4460

Breakfast: Daily, 6–11am
Lunch: Daily, 11am–2pm
Bar Menu: Daily, 2–5pm
Dinner: Sunday–Thursday, 5–10pm • Friday–Saturday, 5–11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment